Late Start Information
The Board of Education has approved the following “late starts” for all WSD K-12 schools for the 2023-24 school year. Since 2014, the WSD has been utilizing late start days at the middle and high schools to facilitate staff collaboration and professional development for our teachers. Beginning in 2017, the late starts (all on Mondays) have included elementary schools as well. Breakfast will be available for purchase on late start days.
2023-24 Late Start Days
The WSD will be providing supervision for K-5 students who need to be dropped off at the regular start time on scheduled Late Start Days this school year. This is separate from our Before Care Program through Chautauqua.WSD Parents: to register your student, visit https://wsdr4.revtrak.
- September 18, 2023
- October 9, 2023
- November 13, 2023
- December 11, 2023
- January 8, 2024
- February 12, 2024
- March 11, 2024
- April 15, 2024
net/ and select your student's Elementary School, followed by clicking "Late Start Registration" and completing the form for your student. Please register each student attending separately.The fee is $10.36 (which includes a transaction fee) per child for each late start day you would like to register for.WSD Staff Members: to register your student, please use this link. Please register each student attending separately.
Late start supervision (K-5) will be available beginning at the following times in the elementary buildings
- Boone Trail, Duello, Green Tree, Heritage Campus, and Peine Ridge: 8:05 a.m. (School start time 10:20 a.m.)
- Crossroads, Discovery Ridge, Stone Creek, and Wabash: 8:20 a.m. (School start time 10:35 a.m.)
- Journey, Lakeview, and Prairie View: 8:45 a.m. (School start time 11 a.m.)
Late start times (supervision only at elementary schools)
- Boone Trail, Duello, Green Tree, Heritage Campus, and Peine Ridge: 10:20 a.m.
- Crossroads, Discovery Ridge, Stone Creek, and Wabash: 10:35 a.m.
- Journey, Lakeview, and Prairie View: 11 a.m.
- Frontier, North Point, South, and Wentzville middle schools: 9:35 a.m.
- Liberty High School: 9:15 a.m.
- Holt, North Point, and Timberland high schools: 9:20 a.m.