Visitor or Volunteer - What’s the Difference?
- Eat lunch with your child
- Attend a class party
- Attend assemblies
- Be a guest speaker
How can you participate as a visitor?
Visitors can show up on the day of the event/activity/lunch and check in to our buildings using Raptor, a visitor management system designed to assist with building security. Part of keeping students and staff safe is knowing who is in our building at all times.
- When you arrive in a WSD building as a visitor, you will be asked to scan your ID and complete the management system’s check-in process.
- Raptor will screen the information against sex offender databases and locally customized lists of banned or potentially threatening individuals, instantly alert school officials to a threatening presence, and maintain a searchable log of all visitors.
- Once approved, you will get a customized visitor badge to wear while in the building.
Thank you for your support of our enhanced school safety protocols!
- Work with students individually or in small groups under the supervision of the teacher or staff member
- Work inside the school, assisting staff with projects (PTA/PTO Officers, etc.)
- Work/organize field day activities
- Be a room parent, organize class parties
- Attend field trips - work with students individually or in small groups under the supervision of the teacher or staff member
How can you participate as a volunteer?
- Volunteers must register with the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR). It provides a more extensive background check than our Raptor system, and is needed for volunteers who spend more individual time with students than our visitors.
- One-time, lifetime fee of $15.25. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to cover this one-time, lifetime fee. The online registration process can be found at FCSR-BSEES - MO.gov. (NOTE: This registration process CANNOT be completed on a mobile browser/device.)
- Once FCSR online registration is complete, you must submit a paper WSD Volunteer Registration Form A and B to the school office. When you arrive in a WSD building to turn in your forms, you will be asked to scan your ID and complete the Raptor visitor management system’s process as part of your volunteer registration. If you send your forms in to school with your child, or send them to the school office via email, please include a copy of your valid personal ID.
- All District employees are considered approved volunteers.
- Your approved volunteer status is accessible district-wide; you only need to turn in your forms to one WSD school.
- A new WSD Volunteer Registration form will be required each school year to run a current background screening if you would like to participate in volunteer opportunities.
Please note, the wait time for the FCSR Registration to be processed and for the District to be notified can be up to four weeks. We recommend completing this process as early as possible.
Family Care Safety Registry - What is it?
Missouri’s Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) was established by law to promote family and community safety. The registry helps to protect children, seniors, and people with disabilities. The FCSR is now being used to access background information on potential volunteers for the Wentzville School District.
Start Here → How do I register? What if I have registered before?
- Visit the Family Care Safety Registry Background Screening and Employment Eligibility System (FCSR-BSEES - MO.gov) website.
- Click the Registration button to begin and then click Register Online in the submenu
- Click the tab for Is A Person Registered
- Enter your social security number and the security text/number shown and then click the Search button
- If you are notified that your social security number was NOT found in the database, you must register first before submitting this form to your child’s school. ***There is a one-time registration with a fee of $15.25. The registration and fee will be the responsibility of the volunteer. Click Continue to proceed with registration. Choose Volunteer / Voluntary as your selection criteria. Once you have completed your registration, please submit your forms to your child's school. Please note, the wait time for the FCSR registration to be processed and for the District to be notified can be up to 10-12 business days. We recommend completing this process as early as possible.
- If you are notified that your social security number WAS found in the database, please fill out the WSD Volunteer Registration Form A & B and return it to your child's school to be processed. It is your responsibility to contact the FCSR with changes to name or contact information before the form is submitted -- call 1-866-422-6872 to verify or update your information.