Student Bus Expectations
1. Maintain classroom conduct.
2. Follow the bus drivers instructions at all times.
3. All body parts and objects should remain inside the bus windows.
4. Food, candy and drinks are prohibited.
5. Respect the driver and other students.
6. Be courteous, speak quietly and use appropriate language.
7. Glass objects, skate boards, balls, balloons, flowers, pets, and animals are NOT allowed on the bus.
8. Cell phones and electronic devices should be utilized appropriately. See below.
9. Students are not allowed to ride a different bus unless in the case of an emergency. Such arrangements must be approved by the Transportation Office.
BOARDING & EXITING THE BUS
1. Be at the designated bus stop 5 minutes prior to the designated time and stay at least 5 minutes after your stop time.
2. Students should wait in a single line on a sidewalk or driveway when possible.
3. Students who must cross the road should cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus after receiving the signal from the driver.
4. Students should conduct themselves in an orderly manner, avoid littering, and respect nearby property, staff and fellow students.
5. Students should go directly to their assigned seat and remain seated, "back to back, seat to seat, feet on the floor and aisles clear" at all times.
6. Students are expected to ride their assigned bus to and from their assigned bus stop.
7. Students should go straight home.
8. An authorized person must be present at the bus stop to receive all Kindergarten and Early Childhood students each day. If you have additional individuals other than your child's emergency contacts, please submit their names to the school office. In the event an authorized person is not present the student(s) will be returned to school.
Expectations for use of electronic devices
Electronic devices including but not limited to cell phones, tablets, laptops, video games, etc. are allowed during transportation on school buses as long as their use does not create a disruption or distraction for the driver. When listening to audio, students shall wear headphones. Students who violate this expectation will be subject to disciplinary consequences. Students, who bring electronic devices onto buses, do so at their own risk and are responsible to secure them from theft or loss.