Are you struggling in a particular class? Try these four things to help!
- Meet with the teacher before or after school. Even 10 minutes every day adds up to an extra 50 minutes of learning for you each week. Many times it is a one to one ratio with the teacher during these times.
- Attend After school Academic Assist in the library from 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Monday - Thursday.
- Ask to see your teacher during Wednesday Academic Intervention period (pre-arrange this and get a pass for the teacher).
- Email your teacher to ask specific questions about assignments that you are struggling to complete.
School Hacks! Try these ideas to make school work more fun.
- After writing a paper, copy and paste it on to Google translate, and listen to it to find mistakes.
- While studying for a certain subject, pretend that you will have to teach the material. It helps you pay more attention.
- Other attention grabbers include: Using blue ink for notes and eating peppermints while you study.
- Use wordhippo.com to find words that you can't think of, but can describe.
- Studying hard for 30-50 minutes at a time with 10-minute breaks in between is the most effective way to study.
- Frequently late? To make sure you leave the house on time in the morning, create a playlist exactly as long as you have to get ready. When the last song plays you'll hustle up like you never have before.
- Stop using Google.com to search information for school essays, use scholar.google.com instead. You will find more relevant information right away!
How do I quickly copy & paste? Try these keyboard shortcuts to make your life easier!
Hold down the CONTROL KEY and...
- A-Select All
- L-Highlight URL
- T-New Tab
- W-Close Tab
- R-Refresh Page